There are millions of websites on the internet, and arguably thousands, if not hundreds of thousands may be offering the same products and services that your business does.
How can you make sure that you get seen through all the clutter, and still convert your visitors? The answer is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), and it is your business’ key to being seen on the internet. Read on to find out how you can benefit from SEO.
What is SEO?
In a nutshell, SEO is the best practices that can be implemented on your website to ensure that when internet users search for goods or services related to what you’re selling, your business is listed higher up on the Search Engine Result Page (SERP). This advantageous positioning greatly increases the chances of searches visiting your site, which in turn increases the chances of a conversion.
What can I do to improve my SEO?
There are various best practices that you can apply to your website, and the most important are the following:
- Your website has to be structured well, which aids in visitor navigation and experience, and the better the structure, the sooner your webpage can be identified as a trusted page by major search engines.
- You should have the relevant (related to your products and services) keywords identified and used in the content of your website – but don’t overdo it, they have to be used where they are contextually relevant.
- You should continuously post new content onto your site – a blog works well. The content on your site and blog should also be of a sufficient length to be recognised by search engines.
- Be sure to include web-ready images on your website and content you post. Having images on your website is not only a great way to get engagement on your site, but is also another opportunity to boost your SEO, through modification of the image’s alt tag.
- Be sure that you place contextually-relevant keywords into the meta descriptions of your site, which will make it easier for users to identify your content.
There is help
If you are unsure how you can implement these changes, all you have to do is get in touch with us, and we’ll get you started on your SEO journey towards business success!
Related Tag: SEO Company Australia